Use technology to advance your art and your business!
A Painter’s Guide
To Photoshop & More
- Would you like to streamline your painting process by creating easy to trace templates that can be printed in any size on your home printer rather than spending hours drawing out your image?
- Would you like to create reference images to paint from that are beautiful and easy to follow?
- Do you think your art business would grow if you created better marketing images?
- Have you tried to learn Photoshop by watching YouTube videos that are overwhelming and hard to follow? Would you like to know the basic tools a painter uses?
- Have you ever said “I’m just not techy”? Do you wish it wasn’t so hard?
Embrace technology and let it work for you! Stop wasting time and letting other artists get ahead while you continue to only use the same tools you know. There is more out there for you!
Digital Editing Basics
A painter’s guide to Photoshop and more!
This course is designed specifically for the artist who is more comfortable behind the easel than the keyboard. Beginners are welcome!
What this class will cover
- An easy to follow introduction to Adobe Photoshop, and video lessons demonstrating the tools that I use to take my art and business to the next level. (desktop version of this program)
- My favorite editing tools in the app PicsArt and how to use them to create incredible reference images to paint from. (mobile version of this app)
- My favorite editing tools in the app Snapseed and how to use them to design marketing images. (mobile version of this app)
- Color correct images to make them easy and interesting to paint from
- Add filters to photos and which filters work best for reference images
- Create a traceable template of your reference image that can be printed on on a home printer and taped together to fit any size canvas
- Remove text and clutter from reference images that you don’t want to include in your painting
- Resize and crop photos
- Layer multiple images together
- Edit your photos of your painting to correct distorted perspective
- Add a mural design to a wall to impress your clients
- Add a painting to your client’s wall
- Learn techniques for creating interesting and clear marketing materials for your art business.
- Instructions for how to access and download Adobe Photoshop
- Printable PDFs outlining the tools I use and how
- 30 video lessons breaking down each technique step by step
- Downloadable images used in demos for you to practice with on your own.
- The best Photoshop techniques I’ve gathered from my 20 years of experience working with the program!
The information in this course could cost you thousands to learn elsewhere. You can have instant access for just $175 if you enroll now!
What’s not included?
- Personalized software technical support is not included with this course.
- Access to Adobe Photoshop, PicsArt, and Snapseed is not included with the purchase of this course. You can purchase access to Adobe Photoshop for only $9.99 a month through the 20GB Photography plan. You can start with a 7 day free trial which is more than enough time to work through the content in this course. PicsArt and Snapseed are both free.
Here is a sample of just one of the useful techniques you will learn in this class!
What students are saying about this helpful course!
“I’ve just finished Ali digital course. I can honestly say I highly recommend. Ali takes you through bite size step by step guides. With downloads so you can practice. Having a year access is great so I can quickly use as a reminder of how to do. I don’t have any experience with Photoshop and this has given me the confidence and tools I need to use for reference photos. Thank you Ali a wonderful course.” – Helen Sprawling
“Photoshop can be VERY complicated and I only needed the basics to help me create the templates I needed. Ali’s class showed me how to do what would have taken me hours and possibly days to figure out! I looked at some YouTube videos but they only confused me more and many included functions I didn’t need as an artist. Ali simplified it all to my exact needs as an artist and now I can confidently create my templates and make any minor adjustments needed to start my projects.” – Terry Eldridge
Use technology to advance your art and business!
Hi, I’m Ali Kay.
I am an fine artist. I teach painting courses and I love sharing the techniques that I use for bold colors and brushwork. Never in my life did I think that I, of all people, would be teaching a course on anything technical. I realized something though. I was leaving an important piece of the puzzle out for my students. I start every new project first on my computer. I have found that the painting part of the equation is a lot easier with a well designed reference image. I’ve been using Photoshop for over 20 years but I don’t claim to be an expert. I simply know how to use the program to make it work for my painting business. I use it for editing, designing and also marketing my art. I’m here to teach you the basic techniques that will make this program and a few other apps I have grown to love an important part of your process too.
It doesn’t need to be hard or scary! I’m like you. I’m a hands-on, paint-under-my-fingernails kind of girl. I have learned to use Photoshop and other editing tools to make my painting life so much easier and more successful!
“There is nothing better than getting to learn from Ali Kay, in person or online! Treat yourself to the experience, She’s amazing!” – Melody Peacock Brooks
“Ali is a fabulous teacher. She gives detailed, step by step instructions. I still use her written instructions with every portrait I paint. What are you waiting for? Take Ali’s class. Who better to invest in than yourself? I’m so glad I did!” – Marty Osbourn
Here is an example of how I used the tools in this course to create a painting of my son.
- I started with the photo on the left and then edited it to make it easier to see the shapes and colors.
- Then I made a template to trace that I used to put my outlines on my panel. This made my painting so much easier to create!
- My son loves his painting and I do too! I bet you have a few special people you are itching to create paintings of too!
You can learn how to create beautifully edited reference images like this one. This will help you to produce more captivating and colorful paintings!
Frequently asked questions:
Question: What type of device do I need to take this class?
Answer: You can access all the class content through a PC or a Mac computer. You can also watch the course on a tablet. Video demos on Photoshop will be created using the desktop version of the software. Video demos on PicsArt and Snapseed with be created using the app.
Question: Do I need to have Photoshop, PicsArt, and Snapseed to take this class?
Answer: You can watch all the demos and learn the techniques without actually having the programs. Once you learn the benefits of them you will want to have them installed. Photoshop is $9.99 monthly on the Photography plan. You can start with a 7 day free trial. PicsArt and Snapseed are both free. There are paid versions of these apps but the tools taught in this course are available in the free version.
The Paint Better with Tech Guarantee!
I’m so confident that you will love this easy to follow course designed specifically for you, the non-techy painter, that I am willing to offer it with a 14-day money back guarantee! Try it out! If you don’t find the meticulously crafted video tutorials and downloads extremely useful for your painting process and art business, I will offer you a full refund! I am certain that you will have ah-ha moments throughout this course that will get you excited to create more paintings and market your business better! Saving you time and making you money!
“Okay… I just have to say how excited I am to start Ali’s Photoshop tutorial! Where have you been all my creative life?!! I just sat down with a cup of coffee & started to review the lessons . Ali’s teaching is so succinctly right on, descriptive & to the point …. I’m ready to dive in & try my first hands on ! I’ve always been terrified of photoshop but now am excited that such a tech challenged person as myself can learn this! Thank you, Ali for offering this tutorial!!!” – Cathie Stotesbery