To Create Portraits
Portrait Painting Made Simple
- Have you always wanted to paint portraits of your children or grandchildren?
- Does it seem overwhelming and do you feel like you just don’t have the time?
- Are you concerned that you might not get the proportions right and your painting won’t look like the person?
- Do you find “skin tones” challenging to mix?
- Do love the look of loose fluid brushstrokes but your paintings often end up too tight and overworked?
- Would you like to surprise and impress your loved ones or clients with a custom painted portrait of someone special?
You are not alone! You have the talent and the ability to tackle these obstacles that are holding you back from creating work you love. It’s time to learn some new skills that will help you to create realistic, colorful and dramatic portraits of your family, friends, and clients. I’m going to show you how.
Features & Faces
Online Painting Course with Ali Kay
Join me as we create three unique portrait samples using my step by step process. We will take a deep dive into the different features and skin tones that make up the face. As you master my techniques you will be able to implement these skills into your own personal portrait paintings.
- Easy to follow videos showing each step on the portrait painting process
- Still photos showing each brushstroke and color selection as we paint.
- Downloadable written instructions
- Traceable templates with the outlines for each of the 3 samples
- An invitation to our private student Facebook group where you can ask questions and connect with other in the class.
What you will learn:
- How to transfer outlines to a panel or canvas creating a road map for success
- How to design a portrait composition and what makes a great reference image
- How to use a complimentary color underpainting to develop dramatic and playful layers of color
- How to achieve loose intentional brushstrokes.
- How to see light values in an image.
- How to mix skin tones that produce depth
- When you should include details and when not to
Meet your instructor
Hi! I’m Ali!
I teach painting techniques to creatives that help them produce beautiful and accurate works of art in a short amount of time! I’ve worked for decades developing my process and I’m now sharing these secrets with you! Learn to paint loose with me using layers of fun color! Painting shouldn’t feel like a struggle. I know you are going to be inspired after you learn just how easy and fun it can be!
You will receive immediate access upon enrollment. The class will be available to you anytime for one full year. This class is self-paced. You work on your own time and at the speed that is comfortable for you! Pause the video after each step and paint along. It’s recommended to watch all the videos through once before beginning your own piece.
This class uses Golden Fluid Acrylics. A full list of the colors and products used is available inside the course. Work on a surface or your choice. The 3 sample templates will be 18″x18″
Get instant access to discussions and answered questions in our Facebook student group. This is a great place to share photos of the work you create within the course as well as be inspired by what other students in our community are creating. We have the kindest and most supportive people in this group!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this the same at a Monday Night Paint Along? – No. This is a full online course which includes detailed step by step instruction for each sample along with photos of each step and color selection. Access it anytime at our online school.
- How is this different from Painterly Portraits? Painterly Portraits was my very first online course that I launched 3 years ago. In this course I have taken the instruction up about 10 notches! This course takes a deep dive into the unique features that make up three different faces.
- Is this course for beginners? I break this course down so thoroughly into an easy to follow step by step process that both beginners and experienced artists will find loads of value!
- Can I share and sell the work I create in this course? You sure can! I always appreciate when you tag me on any class work that you share! You are not allowed, however to teach the samples or techniques included in this course to your students.
The Love Painting Loose Guarantee!
I’m so confident that you will love this easy to follow course, that I am willing to offer it with a 14-day money back guarantee! Try it out! If you don’t find the meticulously crafted video tutorials and downloads extremely useful for your painting process, I will offer you a full refund! I am certain that you will have ah-ha moments throughout this course that will get you excited to create more paintings that you will love!
What students are saying about learning with Ali
“I just finished the portraits class with Ali Kay! She does an amazing job with instructions and a live video to show you every step of the way! I learned so much that I hope to use in future paintings! It’s hard to let the brush go! It’s a very fun process! I love the colors too! ” – Diane Beard
“After finishing Ali’s amazing portrait class, I was inspired to paint my daughter when she was two. One thing I learned from the class is that I never paint the highlights bright enough. I need to cut loose and let things sparkle!” – Gretchen Katner
“Ali’s course is a must have for all those interested in portrait painting. I would have never known how much I love portrait painting had I not tried Ali’s online portraits class. I highly recommend it! – Kelly Popoff
“As an artist, challenging yourself and getting outside your comfort zone is the KEY to improvement!”- Luanne Haak