how some artists seem to create so much amazing work?
Imagine if painting felt easy.
What if you made consistent time each week to create? What if you loved the paintings you made and were part of a community of artists cheering each other on?
What would you do with your new ability?
Would you sell your work?
Would you give it away to bless others?
The possibilities are endless.
- Have you ever wondered if you were good enough to “be an artist”?
- Do you find it difficult to make time to paint?
- Do you worry about wasting time and money on a hobby that might not get you anywhere?
- Does self doubt keep you from pursuing your creative passions?
So many creatives sometimes find themselves sitting at their easel surrounded by paints and supplies that they spent way too much money on and don’t really know how to use.
Sometimes inspiration comes, but when it’s time to actually create, it’s hard to know where to start. Maybe you jumped into a painting and after a few hours you feel like there is just no way you are going to be able to pull it together. Have you just kept painting the same thing over and over and it never seems right?
I get it.
It doesn’t need to be so hard. I want to share my practices with you that make painting more fun and more successful.
There is a system that works every time. When you learn it, you will want to paint more often because you know you will be successful.
- Show up to paint every week.
- Start with a great reference
- Create a road map sketch
- Find shadows and highlights
- Paint what you see not what you think you see
- Layer in juicy colors that you love
It does not take talent.
It takes dedication and support.
“What I love about Ali’s method of painting is that it is simplified. I have painted for years and I love portraits best of all, but I have a habit of being very detail oriented. I feel like in the past I’ve gotten hung up on the blending and paint getting muddy. I really love that Ali doesn’t blend and she lets her brush strokes show. I have watched her class numerous times and it has helped me tremendously!” – Cindy Evitt
Artists painting together virtually with weekly guidance from Ali Kay.
- Weekly Live Instruction
- Traceable templates
- Private student group
- Interactive Q&A sessions
- Bonus reference images ready to go!
- Be a part of our Virtual Student Gallery!
4 lessons per month
- 1-hour beginner lesson introducing the focus for the month and demonstrating the painting foundations. (example: single flower)
- Topic based teaching session (examples: color mixing, painting practices, supply tips) with live Q&A
- 1-2 hour advanced full length lesson. (example: full floral bouquet) The traceable template for this lesson is available in multiple sized downloads so you can paint it large if you choose!
- Live critique session where we will explore selected student work created during the month and review content discussed with Q&A
(Note: Our live lessons will take place 4 weeks a month on Monday at 1 EST. The replay will be posted on Tuesdays. There may be several times throughout the year when this time may be slightly different if I’m on vacation or it’s a holiday.)
What you will learn:
- What supplies you need and how to save money on them.
- How to set up your creative space to make painting easier
- How to transfer outlines to a panel or canvas creating a road map for success
- How to use a complimentary color underpainting to develop dramatic and playful layers of color
- How to achieve loose intentional brushstrokes.
- How to see light values in an image.
- How to produce depth in your paintings
- When you should include details and when not to
New lessons added EVERY WEEK!
These lessons are already waiting for you inside Fresh Paint!
Learn to paint all these florals step by step following full length video lessons!
Learn to paint portraits of those you love by following these lessons!
Plus get all of these bonus templates!
You will also find these topic based teaching lessons ready for you to watch now!
Color Mixing Demos
See close up exactly how to mix all the colors I use. Learn how much paint to use and how to arrange your palette for success!
Learn as I review a selected group of student samples each month. Celebrate student success and learn some tips to make them even better!
Join us right now and get all of these lessons for just $45
Membership is automatically billed either monthly or annually.
Don’t let doubts stop you!
I bet you are wondering if you really have the time to commit to following your artistic passions.
You do. It only takes 1-2 hours per week to start a regular painting practice that will result in enormous growth in your skills. It’s not about having the time. It’s about making the time to invest in something that will make you feel good.
Maybe you are concerned about being techy enough to navigate an online class.
Do not worry! Our demos will take place on Facebook live inside our private student group. We know Facebook is the most familiar platform for most of our students so we want to make it easy. All downloads and video replays will be located inside the course site. We have a fantastic help page that shows you how to access your class and solve any issues you might be having. You don’t need fancy computer software, just a screen with access to wifi and a printer!
Think you aren’t talented enough?
If you have a desire in your heart to paint, it’s there for a reason. You can do this because you will be set up for success! You will use all the same tools I do, and follow my process step by step. Growing your painting skills takes time, but you will see improvement! If you show up, you can’t fail!
You deserve this.
The transformation you will experience:
- You will be inspired to paint on a regular basis because you will get to see the amazing work others are creating in our private group.
- Painting can be a lonely activity, but it doesn’t have to be. You will meet artists from all over the world in our weekly live sessions!
- You will no longer feel lost in a painting, not knowing how to “fix it”. Post it in our private group and get amazing feedback and advice both from Ali and others in the Tribe! Your work might also be selected for one of our monthly critique sessions!
- By making consistent time to paint, you will feel comfortable calling yourself an artist!
- You will create paintings that you love and are proud to share!
“Ali has inspired me to become more than I thought possible! Her teachings and being a part of a group have given me confidence I lacked and encouragement to go after my dreams. I am selling works and will soon have my own space at a local art market!” – Janine Coker
Meet your instructor
Hi! I’m Ali!
I teach painting techniques to creatives that help them produce beautiful and accurate works of art in a short amount of time! I’ve worked for decades developing my process and I’m now sharing these secrets with you! Learn to paint loose with me using layers of fun color! Painting shouldn’t feel like a struggle. I know you are going to be inspired after you learn just how easy and fun it can be!
You will receive immediate access upon enrollment. The content will be available to you anytime while you are enrolled in The Tribe. Each week a new lesson will be shared on Mondays at 1 EST live in our private Facebook group. The recording of this lesson will be available inside the course on Tuesdays.
This class uses Golden Fluid Acrylics. A full list of the colors and products used is available inside the course. Work on a surface or your choice.
Get instant access to discussions and answered questions in our private Facebook student group. This is a great place to share photos of the work you create within the course as well as be inspired by what other students in our community are creating. We have the kindest and most supportive people in this group!
What students are saying
“Thank you Ali for giving me the gift of painting with confidence and much joy!” – Cari Jacobson
“Ali’s classes have been a great investment for my painting business! I pull my notes every time I start a new piece. There’s a wealth of information in everything she teaches!” – Luanne Haak
“Thank you Ali for inspiring me to paint again and to try new styles. You’re a Fantastic Teacher!” – Laura Bickel Peoples
“I have gotten so much pleasure from watching and painting along. So many of my friends have commented that my painting skills have improved.” – Deb Janz
“Thank you for giving me my confidence back! Covid took a lot from us, you brought my spirit back and zest for painting!” – Jacquenline Wagner
“I love the loose method for applying colors that pop. Ali’s style of underpainting her design provides an easy to follow road map for applying paint layers start to finish.” – Nancy Brenner
“I’ve taken a few classes from Ali now and I find that besides being a fabulous painter, she is also very generous with her instruction! She doesn’t hold back from telling us how to approach the painting and the process!” I like that! Thank you Ali!” – Janet Cunningham
“This has been the best year of my life so far! I’m finally doing something I love.”- Adrienne Powell
“I never would have had the courage to attempt this without all the wonderful paint alongs and tutorials. I’m so appreciative of all the generous guidence.”- Gretchen Powers Katner
Join The Fresh Paint Community!
Inspiration. Support. Friends.
Start creating consistently with confidence!
Join us NOW!
Join us for the year and save! ($115 savings)
Membership is automatically billed either monthly or annually.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I join anytime or do I need to wait for the beginning of a month?
You can join us right now! Your membership is billed monthly from the day the you enroll.
- Is this the same at a Monday Night Paint Along?
No. I created the Fresh Paint Tribe because I wanted to take my demos to the next level! I realized that there was a need for more interactive instruction and more diverse teaching. I wanted to have the opportunity to teach you all the details of my painting process.
- Can I share and sell the work I create in this course?
You sure can! I always appreciate when you tag me on any class work that you share! You are not allowed, however to teach the samples or techniques included in this course to your students
- Is this course for beginners?
Yes, Fresh Paint includes both beginner and advanced lessons on the same topic each month.
- What if I can’t watch the Live demo on Monday?
Not to worry! All demos will be recorded and added to the course dashboard on Tuesdays.
- What if I’m not on Facebook? Can I still join and see the demos?
Yes! While the demos are done live in the Fresh Paint Student Community group on Facebook, they are recorded and added to the course dashboard where you can watch them when you’re able.
- I’m an oil painter. Can I still join?
Yes! Of course. The layering techniques that I teach with can be translated to oils as well. The main difference is that you will need to wait for you paints to dry before moving on to the next layer. I also encourage you to give acrylics a try! You might just fall in love with them like I did. You can achieve colors just as rich as oils when you learn my process!
Choose the enrollment option that works best for you!
Membership is automatically billed either monthly or annually. Cancel anytime.